Effective Date: Jan 15, 2018
What Information Do We Collect?
In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect, store, transmit, analyze and use the following types of information about you:
- When the Services are installed and enabled on your device (either by yourself or via a third party integration) and you input content, share content or copy content to your clipboard (content includes, but is not limited to, text, images, voice and URLs), we may analyze the content in order to determine whether it contains a match to the merchants, products, and services within our merchant network. If there is a match, we create referral links for you to share. If there is not a match, we ignore the content.
- If you send a referral link, we may collect, store and analyze the content adjacent to the link in order to optimize the link destination.
- We store information regarding how you use the Services, and we may associate such usage information with your device ID or account information.
- We have designed the system to avoid storing or analyzing information which you input into a field of a third party service when the developer of such service has designated the field as intended for password or payment input.
- We may request your permission to access and store your contact names, so that you can type your contact names faster, send links to friends and invite them to use the Services. We will not use your contacts for any communication that you do not approve or initiate.
- We may automatically receive and record information when you interact with the Services, including your IP address, cookie information and device information (such as IMEI, MAC, device manufacturer/model, screen resolution, browser user agent, operating system name and version). This information is used to fight fraud, to understand your interaction with the Services and to help us enhance the Services. We also collect statistical information about how users, collectively, use the Services ("Aggregate Information").
- You may give us permission to access your information from other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or email account which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (such as your contacts) or may serve as an alternate method of registering for our Services. The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
- We may request and you may choose to submit Personal Information when you register and when you administer your account or profile. This information may include your name and contact information (such as email, mailing address or phone number). You can use many of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect. You can choose not to disclose such information to us, however, without such information your access to certain features of the Services may be limited.
- Payment Information: We may request payment information in order to pay rewards to you which you have earned using the Services. Payment information varies depending on which payment method you choose. For example, (a) PayPal information may consist of the email, user name or phone number associated with your PayPal account (b) Bank ACH payment information may include the name on your account, the bank’s routing number, your account number and your phone number (c) credit or debit card information may include account number, expiration date, name on card, CVV and billing address. You can choose not to disclose payment information to us, however, without payment information we will not be able to remit to you rewards you earn using the Services.
- Tax Information: For US residents, if your reward earnings reach certain thresholds set by tax authorities, we may request that you fill out and submit to us a Form W-9 (or other form) in order for us to be able to file a Form 1099 report of your earnings. We may have a similar request for residents of countries other than the US. You can choose not to submit tax information (as described above) to us, however, without this information we may not be able to pay you rewards in excess of federal or state mandated thresholds for reporting requirements.
Disabling the Services. You have the option to enable or disable the Services. If you choose to permanently disable the Services, we will no longer collect, store, transmit, analyze or use any of your content. If you disable the Services, we may still send you communications and updates regarding your use of the Services prior to disabling.
Web Beacons. We or the third parties we engage to track and analyze usage data may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) to help us better operate and improve the Services. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our user' Personal Information. If you wish to disable web beacons you should do so by turning images "off" in your email client (e.g., Outlook). Please see your email provider for more information.
How We Use Your Information
Other than as described below, we do not sell, transfer or share your information with any third party. We use your information for the following purposes:
- To operate and provide the Services, register you to use the Services and customize the Services.
- To provide customer support, respond to you when you contact us, and otherwise communicate with you via email, text message, app notifications or other methods regarding the Services, terms, policies and other updates.
- To understand how people use the Services, evaluate, fix and improve our Services, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities.
- Verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off the Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of the Terms of Service, and to ensure our Services are being used legally.
How, and With Whom, Is My Information Shared?
We will not share, rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing or other purposes, except as described below.
Information You Choose to Submit to Third Party Services: If you use the Services to submit content or Personal Information to Third Party Services, such information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular Third Party Services. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create or information that you submit through the Services. In addition, you may access Third Party Services through the Services, for example by clicking on links to Third Party Services, and subsequently submit information directly to such Third Parties Services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these Third Party Services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those Third Party Services' privacy policies.
Transaction Information: We may share Personal Information with merchants and their intermediaries solely for their use in validating the transactions resulting from your use of the Services.
Aggregate Information: We share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others: We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) determine and enforce your adherence to our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
Is Information About Me Secure? We employ procedural and technological security measures that are designed to safeguard your Personal Information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We may use encryption, password protection, two-factor authentication and/or other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, mobile device, and computer. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised devices or passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized access.
What Information of Mine Can I Access? You can access and delete cookies through your web browser settings. You can also access and manage the information that you have provided via your account settings and profile page.
California Privacy Rights. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Wildfire Systems Inc, 153 S. Sierra Ave #1282, Solana Beach, CA 92075.
What If I Have Questions or Concerns? If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at Wildfire Systems, Inc., 153 S. Sierra Ave., #1282, Solana Beach, CA 92075